Tropical Southern Myanmar is a huge area which ranges from the quiet and atmospheric towns of the Irrawaddy Delta through the beautiful karst mountain scenery and caves, and on down to the stunning, vast and remote Myeik Archipelago in the Andaman Sea.
Burma Travel designs this package to bring you experience the best of South Myanmar which were once military restricted area.
Please contact our Travel consultant for more details and the best offer.
Start City : Yangon
Departure City: Yangon
Visit Cities: Yangon – Mawlamyine- Kyaikhami – Hpa-an – Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock) – Bago
Duration: 5 Days 4 Nights
Departure: Daily, upon your request
Extendable with optional tours from Yangon
- PRIVATE TOUR COST: Prices are quoted in US dollars per person double occupancy.
Group size 2 persons 4 persons 6 persons Single Supp Land Tour/person 735 560 480 0 Flight/person 0 0 0 Total/person 735 560 480
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa (more at www.burmatravel.com/visa).
- Above prices subject to availability and subject to change.
- Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change.
- Amounts payable to third parties not included.
- International airfares not included unless otherwise specified.
- Please check all prices, availability and other information with your Burma Travel consultant before booking.
- Burma Travel general booking conditions apply.
- Day 1: Yangon – Mawlamyine
Early morning, drive to Mawlamyine (appx: 7 hours) passing through Bago, Thathon
(The ancient capitals of Mon Kingdom).Upon arrival, check into your hotel. After a short break, visit Mawlamyine, the capital of Mon State, is located at the bank of Thanlwin River and a good place for a journey back into British times. Visit Kyaikthanlan Pagoda, from where you have terrific views over the city and drive to View Point and take photos.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mawlamyine.
Day 2: Mawlamyine- Kyaikhami – Mawlamyine
After breakfast, drive another 24km to Kyaikmaraw. Kyaikmaraw picturesquely located at the river bank of the Ataran River, easily reached by good road condition. Stroll around the charming town consists of mostly wooden homes with thatched palm or some covered with metal. Visit the famous Kyaikmaraw pagoda, built by Queen Shin Saw Pu in 1455 in the late Mon regional style. Back to Mawlamyine late afternoon
Accommodation: Hotel in Mawlamyine.
Day 3: Mawlamyine – Hpa-an
Take a ferry boat to Hpa-an (appx 2 ½ hour). The scenery along the Thanlwin River is unforgettable for you. Upon arrival, the car will pick you up and transfer to your hotel. Visit Mt.Zwekabin & famous Thamyinya Monastery; in this area you have to be a strict vegetarian. If time permits, visit the markets are full of vegetables, fruits and flowers-they have a famous fruit, called “Durian”. If you don’t like this fruit, it will give you a foul smell!
Accommodation: Hotel in Hpa-an.
Day 4: Hpa-An – Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock)
After breakfast, drive to Kyaikhtiyo (appx: 6 hours); transfer from our car to a special open pick-up truck. They will ascend to Hermit camp passing through the hair-pin curves of the road (appx: 45 min).After 15-minute walk, you will arrive Golden Rock Hotel and check into your room. In the afternoon, proceeds your walking to Golden Rock. On the way, you can see many side street sellers displaying their local herbal medicine. When you arrive at platform of Pagoda, you will see hundreds of pilgrims are lighting candles, incense sticks, worshipping towards the Golden Boulder which stands at precious position. Enjoy the sunset from the platform and have a stroll at local shopping Centre. Walk back to the hotel and overnight.
Accommodation: Hotel in Kyaikhtiyo.
Day 5: Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock) – Bago – Yangon
After breakfast, descend from Hermit camp with open truck. Transfer to our car and continue the journey with visiting rubber and cashew nut plantation. Near Seikphu village, you can visit one of the monastic education centres with poor students. In the afternoon, you will arrive at Bago, the last capital of Mon Kingdom with famous Shwemawdaw pagoda, Hinthagon Pagoda (the birth place for Bago) and Kanbawzathardi Palace complex. You can also visit Bago local Market, Shwetharhlaung Pagoda(reclining Buddha image) and Kyaik Pon pagoda with four sitting Buddha Images. Before you enter Yangon, you can visit Htaukkyant War Cemetery with 27000 graveyards, they died for all free man during World War II. Late afternoon, drive back to Yangon and enjoy your time at leisure.
NOTESPlease be aware that flight time, hotels and all others logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. Where flights are cancelled or delayed Burma Travel will endeavor to secure alternative arrangements of similar value as noted in our booking conditions.
Did you know? Burma Travel can organize any additional accommodation.
Call us on + 844. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.