In Myanmar’s Shan State, Inle Lake is an iconic destination – and for good reason. Despite hosting large numbers of tourists, the lake’s rural charms remain authentic and alluring. Intha fisherman row flat-ended canoes with one leg while using both hands to fish; floating gardens burst with tomatoes, beans and other produce; and oxcarts packed with the day’s harvest create the only traffic jam you will find. Wooden homes perch above the water on rickety stilts in villages that sustain generations-old cottage industries. Burma Travel put the best of Inle in this 3 day package. Contact our travel consultant for more details and the best offers.
Start City : Heho
Departure City: Heho
Visit Cities: Pindaya Cave – Inle Lake – Indein
Duration: 3 Days 2 Nights
Departure: Daily, upon your request
Extendable with optional tours from Heho
- PRIVATE TOUR COST: Prices are quoted in US dollars per person double occupancy.
Group size 2 persons 4 persons 6 persons Single Supp' Land Tour/person 345 275 265 0 Flight/person 0 0 0 Total/person 345 275 265
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa (more at www.burmatravel.com/visa/).
- Above prices subject to availability and subject to change.
- Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change.
- Amounts payable to third parties not included.
- International airfares not included unless otherwise specified.
- Please check all prices, availability and other information with your Burma Travel consultant before booking.
- Burma Travel general booking conditions apply.
Day 1: Heho Arrival – Pindaya Cave – Inle Lake
Arrive at Heho airport, driver and guide of Burma Travel await to pick you up. Take a nice drive to Pindaya through the picturesque countryside of Shan State. This mountainous area is famous for more than 8,000 Buddha images inside. Along the way, we visit the local handicraft workshops producing Shan mulberry paper and traditional umbrellas. Later this afternoon, you travel further into Shan state. Enjoy the breathtaking drive to Nyaung Shwe town, then embark a long boat for a sunset ride to your resort.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 2: Inle Lake Discovery
After breakfast at resort, the boat trip starts at Phaungdawoo Pagoda, which is believed as the holiest pagoda of Inle Lake. Now we go to Ngaphechaung monastery – an impressive wooden monastery over the lake. The monastery is also called “jumping cat pagoda” as in the past, the cats were trained to jump through the hoops. The next stop is Nam Pan village where we visit the cotton and lotus weaving factory, cigar making houses…; the sites will provide you with interesting time interacting with the Intha people.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 3: Inle Lake – Indein – Departure
Breakfast at hotel. This morning we continue the trip to 5-day market. On each day, the market is held in one of 5 different places around the lake, it is the place where you see the local people sells and buy things, also the great chance to meet the tribes from the surroundings with their colorful clothing.
Relax with the boat ride to beautiful temple of Indein on the western side of the Inle Lake. Enjoy your stroll around the hundreds of ruined pagodas in many shapes and sizes. Finally, we head to Heho for your onward flights.
Good bye & Bon Voyage!
NOTESPlease be aware that flight time, hotels and all others logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. Where flights are cancelled or delayed Burma Travel will endeavor to secure alternative arrangements of similar value as noted in our booking conditions.
Did you know? Burma Travel can organize any additional accommodation.
Call us on + 8424. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.