Mount Kyaiktiyo (Kyite Htee Yoe), famous for the huge golden rock perched at its summit, is one of the three most sacred religious sites in Myanmar, Burma Travel designs this 2 day package for those who love to experience the spiritual life of local and the out doors hiking to see the famous rock balancing on the edge of the 1100-metre high mountain…
Contact our travel consultant for more details and the best offers.
Start City : Yangon
Departure City: Yangon
Visit Cities: Yangon – Kyaikhtiyo – Bago
Duration: 2 Days 1 Nights
Departure: Daily, upon your request
Extendable with optional tours from Yangon
- PRIVATE TOUR COST: Prices are quoted in US dollars per person double occupancy.
Group size 2 persons 4 persons 6 persons Single Supp' Land Tour/person 275 215 185 0 Flight/person 0 0 0 Total/person 275 215 185
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa (more at www.burmatravel.com/visa/).
- Above prices subject to availability and subject to change.
- Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change.
- Amounts payable to third parties not included.
- International airfares not included unless otherwise specified.
- Please check all prices, availability and other information with your Burma Travel consultant before booking.
- Burma Travel general booking conditions apply.
Day 1: Yangon – Kyaikhtiyo – Golden Rock
Mingalapar! This morning, Burma Travel guide and driver will wait and meet you at your hotel lobby. Leaving Yangon in the early morning, we get ready for a journey to Kyaikhtiyo, the Golden Rock. This more than 2,500-year-old pagoda lies on the mountain top (3,615 feet – 1102 meters above sea level). Local legend believes that the power of the Lord Buddha’s hair keeps the Rock balance at the hill edge (even the earthquakes). After 5-hour driving, we arrive at the base camp of Kinpun Base Camp and go up to the Golden Rock by open truck (45 minutes). Finally, we have the light trek to the top and enjoy the sunset from this unforgettable site.
Accommodation: Hotel in Kyaikhtyio
Day 2: Kyaikhtiyo – Bago – Yangon
After breakfast at hotel, we leave the Golden Rock for the Ancient City of Bago. It is known as Pegu, the Royal Capital of Myanmar. While in Bago, we visit the town market, 55-metre long reclining Shwethalyaung Buddha (the huge four sitting Buddhas). A stop at the Mon-style Shwemawdaw Pagoda is recommended. Before reaching Yangon, we pass by Taukkyan War Cemetery, the resting place of over 27,000 Allied World War 2 soldiers. Finally, drive back to your hotel in Yangon. Check-in and farewell with our guide and driver.
NOTESPlease be aware that flight time, hotels and all others logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. Where flights are cancelled or delayed Burma Travel will endeavor to secure alternative arrangements of similar value as noted in our booking conditions.
Did you know? Burma Travel can organize any additional accommodation.
Call us on + 8424. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.