Tropical Southern Myanmar is a huge area which ranges from the quiet and atmospheric towns of the Irrawaddy Delta through the beautiful karst mountain scenery and caves, and on down to the stunning, vast and remote Myeik Archipelago in the Andaman Sea.
Burma Travel designs this package to bring you experience the best of South Myanmar which were once military restricted area.
Please contact our Travel consultant for more details and the best offer.
Start City : Yangon
Departure City: Yangon
Visit Cities: Yangon – Mawlamyine- Kyaikhami – Hpa-an – Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock) – Bago
Duration: 5 Days 4 Nights
Departure: Daily, upon your request
Extendable with optional tours from Yangon
- PRIVATE TOUR COST: Prices are quoted in US dollars per person double occupancy.
Group size 2 persons 4 persons 6 persons Single Supp Land Tour/person 735 560 480 0 Flight/person 0 0 0 Total/person 735 560 480
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa (more at www.burmatravel.com/visa).
- Above prices subject to availability and subject to change.
- Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change.
- Amounts payable to third parties not included.
- International airfares not included unless otherwise specified.
- Please check all prices, availability and other information with your Burma Travel consultant before booking.
- Burma Travel general booking conditions apply.
Day 1: Yangon – Mawlamyine
Get ready from early morning, we leave Yangon for Mawlamyine (7hrs driving), the capital of Mon State with a population nearly 300,000 people. Formerly known as Moulmein, it was once a thriving teak port and the administrative capital of British Lower Burma. Upon arrival, we have a visit at Kyaiktanlan Pagoda, the tallest site of Mawlamyine. Afterward, we have a short drive to the Viewpoint for the gorgeous sunset views of Thanlwin River.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mawlamyine
Day 2: Mawlamyine sightseeing
Breakfast at hotel. Start your day with a visit to the morning market where you can explore how locals buy and sell things. Heading to the southern part to Win Sein Taw Ya for the largest reclining Buddhe image in the world. The next stop is Thanbyuzayat cemetery. You could bring flowers and put on the grave for peace and worship. Following is the visit to A Death Railway Museum. The museum contains amongst other things, a piece of track from the original death railway line that was found by the former Australian Ambassador to Myanmar. Finally, return to city and make photo stops of the old colonial-style British houses, a mosque and churches while you are in town.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mawlamyine
Day 3: Mawlamyine – Pha An
Breakfast at hotel. Today we leave Mawlamyine to Hpa An. Along the way we enjoy the picturesque scene of Kayin State. Visit the cave of Kha Yon and the famous Mt. Zwekabin with thousands of Buddha images. Continue the tour to Kyauk Kalat – The pagoda was built on the edges of the rock with the impressive scene.
Accommodations: Hotel in Hpa An
Day 4: Hpa-An – Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock)
Today we are ready for the trip to Golden Rock, Kyaikhtiyo. This more than 2,500-year-old pagoda lies on the mountain top (3,615 feet – 1102 meters above sea level). Local legend believes that the power of the Lord Buddha’s hair keeps the Rock balance at the hill edge (even the earthquakes). After 5-hour driving, we arrive at the base camp of Kinpun Base Camp and go up to the Golden Rock by open truck (45 minutes). Finally, we have the light trek to the top and enjoy the sunset from this unforgettable site.
Accommodations: Hotel in Kyaikhtiyo
Day 5: Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock) – Bago – Yangon
After breakfast at hotel, we leave the Golden Rock for the Ancient City of Bago. It is known as Pegu, the Royal Capital of Myanmar. While in Bago, we visit the town market, 55-metre long reclining Shwethalyaung Buddha (the huge four sitting Buddhas). A stop at the Mon-style Shwemawdaw Pagoda is recommended. Before reaching Yangon, we pass by Taukkyan War Cemetery, the resting place of over 27,000 Allied World War 2 soldiers. In the late afternoon, we travel back to you hotel in Yangon. Check-in and farewell with your guide and driver.
Thank you for traveling with Burma Travel!
NOTESPlease be aware that flight time, hotels and all others logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. Where flights are cancelled or delayed Burma Travel will endeavor to secure alternative arrangements of similar value as noted in our booking conditions.
Did you know? Burma Travel can organize any additional accommodation.
Call us on + 844. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.